- +212 (0)6 10 46 99 33
- +212 (0)6 55 45 14 13
Borj Biramane is 500 metres north-west of the village of Icht, in the direction of Agadir, behind the ONEP drinking water pumping station.
From the main road, access is by a private 300 metres drive, accessible to all kinds of vehicles, including camping cars and…wait for it….English open-topped sports cars !
GPS waypoint :
N 29°03,550′ – W 08° 51,212′
Altitude : 496 m
How to get to Borj Biramane, the village of Icht, the town of Fam el Hisn in southern Morocco:
Closest international airport :
Agadir (Agadir el Massira)
- From Agadir : 250 km, pass Tiznit, and in Bouizakarne, turn off to Fam el Hisn
(on road maps, often spelt ‘Foum el Hassan’).
- From Guelmim: 140 km via Bouizakarne or 150 km via Assa.
- From Assa : 85 km; pass Fam el Hisn then take the direction of Tiznit – Guelmim.
- From Tata : 140 km – take the direction of Guelmim, passing through Akka, Touzounine and Ait Ouabelli
- From the North: several tracks from Tafraoute to Tamanart – Ait Herbil,
including the legendary descent of Igmir
- From the East: two main options from Tata :
- one to the north of Djebel Bani, passing through Akka and Tadakoust.
- one to the south of the trunk road which is the former track of the Dakar rally.
- From the South-West: several options from Tan Tan or M’Sied passing through Wadi Drâa (Oued Drâa) then Tadalt or Assa.